|Operations Maintenance Worker (up to 2) - Temmporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
||21-U042 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to two temporary full-time Operations Maintenance Workers (from approx. May 10, 2021 to December 24, 2021) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Construction department. Reporting to the Construction Manager, in this unionized position you will perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled construction and maintenance work requiring physical effort and agility. You must have sufficient stamina, strength and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions.
• Utilize a variety of repair processes and equipment such as an M-Scope to locate utilities air compressors and operating a laser level as required
• Operate a dump, flat, panel or service truck of between 5,100 and 24,000 pounds GVW to perform related duties
• Assist with drainage works construction, maintenance and repair tasks
• Inspect and maintain drainage systems
• Guide equipment operators and ensure safe work practices
• Perform other related work as required
• Your education will include completion of Grade 12 or equivalent supplemented by training courses and considerable related experience in construction and/or maintenance
• Considerable knowledge of safe work practices and the methods, tools and equipment used
• Ability to use of a variety of tools used in general maintenance and construction work
• Sound knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment applicable to the various functional areas of construction and utilities maintenance work
• Ability to exercise considerable independent judgment and initiative and operate vehicles safely and efficiently
• Valid Class 1 BC Driver’s Licence is considered an asset
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Valid Class 3 BC Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence or a Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $30.33 per hour (2020 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: April 14, 2021
External closing date for this competition: April 20, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||April 6, 2021 08:30 AM
||April 20, 2021 04:30 PM