|Business Operations Coordinator – Museum Of Surrey
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
April 9, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||Museum of Surrey‘s mission is to ignite young imaginations and connect Surrey's diverse citizens and communities through participation, engagement, and stories.
We are seeking to add a Business Operations Coordinator (BOC) to our leadership team. Do you enjoy coaching a customer service team, feel satisfaction when building systems operate seamlessly, and rewarded when your spreadsheets balance? You would thrive in our busy Museum as a leader committed to positive visitor experiences and efficient business operations. This position supervises and trains facility attendants, cleaners and building service workers and is responsible for ensuring the building systems are maintained and financial records are accurate. The BOC reports to the Museum Manager and is a key member of a collaborative team of supervisors striving to make visiting the Museum an outstanding experience in Western Canada.
||This position is responsible for the business operations of the museum. This includes clerical services, security, gift shop, facility bookings, cleanliness, and building maintenance. This position recruits, trains, and mentor’s public facing staff and cleaners, and also supports volunteer Gallery Ambassadors.
The position is responsible for budget monitoring, payroll, reconciliation, and creating financial reports. The BOC writes and implements administration and service procedures, collects data and writes statistical reports, and has systems to manage digital files and paper records. This position also contributes to annual planning, annual report writing, and visitor evaluation reporting.
The BOC is responsible for purchasing office, janitorial, gift shop, apparel, and other necessary supplies, and liaises with the City’s IT department to ensure computer and digital systems remain functional.
As Building Operations Coordinator you:
• Communicate clearly in writing and speaking.
• Demonstrate attention to detail, and ability to maintain accurate records.
• Are skilled in customer service best practice.
• Demonstrate skill and experience performing clerical duties including facility bookings, payroll, budget tracking and other basic accounting needs.
• Have experience working with contractors and inspectors.
• Are familiar with seasonal and ongoing building maintenance needs (museum experience is an asset).
• Experienced supervising successful teams.
• Excel in administration systems and records management.
• Understand why and how Museums are a place of learning for the public and staff.
• Committed to reconciliation, anti-racism, and universal design actions that make a Museum a welcoming, relevant, and safe place for everyone.
||• Completed Grade 12 supplemented by a minimum 2 year Diploma in Business Management, Accounting or related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution.
• 5 years of progressively responsible, related experience, including supervision of staff.
• Experience working in a museum or other cultural facility/heritage site setting.
||Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check.
||13450 104 Ave
Surrey, British Columbia
||March 31, 2021 08:30 AM
||April 9, 2021 04:30 PM