|Engineering Technologist I - Temporary Full-time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
April 6, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U039 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time Engineering Technologist I (from approx. April 26, 2021 to approx. April 28, 2022) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Utilities Operations Department. Reporting to the Utilities Operations Manager, in this unionized position you will perform complex technical field and office work to engineering standards at the sub-professional level.
• Prepare and maintain a variety of infrastructure management systems, databases, technical and status reports, records and related documents and project schedules
• Liaise and coordinate with a variety of internal and external contact and provide direction and assistance on engineering requirements and policies as required
• Review plans and working drawings for conformance to project guidelines and established standards
• Conduct field inspections and ensure all work is performed in accordance with contractual terms and regulations
• Perform other related work as required
• Graduation from an Institute of Technology with a Diploma in an engineering technology discipline related to the work, including or supplemented by courses in project management, plus sound related experience preferably in a municipal setting, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in construction and installation of municipal infrastructure, bylaws, policies and practices
• Sound knowledge of engineering mathematics and municipal engineering plans, specifications, contract documents and of the fundamentals of budgeting and standard costing procedures and sound knowledge of computer applications and of contract law
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Registration or eligibility for registration as a Graduate Technologist within the Province of British Columbia.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $35.68 – $42.12 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: April 6, 2021
External closing date for this competition: April 6, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||March 26, 2021 08:30 AM
||April 6, 2021 04:30 PM