|Streets Operation Superintendent
||City of Surrey
||Reporting to the Streets Operation Managers, the Streets Operation Superintendent is a skilled supervisory office and field work position responsible for ensuring that functions of the section are operated, maintained and managed to the maximum effect and efficiency with the least disruption or inconvenience to the public.
||In this position, you will be responsible for:
• Recruitment, staff orientation, performance appraisals, labor relations issues, and developing work schedules.
• Assist with management and control of various financial management responsibilities such as budget development and ongoing administration, preparing financial reports, formulating annual programs and budgets, signing, and issuing work orders.
• •Assist with the development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of confidential and long-term planning affecting the Section programs and operations. You would determine the resources required, both internal and external to the division or department in an effort to fulfill approved
||To be considered for this role, you will have:
• Completion of Grade 12 or GED supplemented by related technical courses.
• A diploma in a related technological discipline is considered an asset.
• Considerable related experience in a supervisory capacity in a unionized environment.
• Directly related and relevant experience to Roads and Drainage. Municipal experience is considered a strong asset.
• An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and a safe driving record are required.
• The position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
||The successful candidate will have:
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Strategic planning and organizational abilities are essential.
• Strong knowledge of Roads and Drainage maintenance and operations.
||13450 104 Ave
Surrey, British Columbia
||March 25, 2021 08:30 AM
||April 23, 2021 04:30 PM