|Time Durated Labourer
|*Interested applicants can apply, in writing, with their resume directly to Mrs. Dagny Guy, Manager of Human Resources and Occupational Health & Safety via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
||District of Hope
This posting closed on
March 31, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||HR-2021-03 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The District of Hope is currently seeking four Time-Durated Labourers to join our team. This entry level position assists the Operations Department in achieving an efficient operation through the reliable performance of Labourer duties in the maintenance of parks, boulevards and cemeteries or in the construction and maintenance of District roads, water, sanitary and storm drainage systems and facilities. Assignments and responsibilities are performed under direct supervision in accordance with established routine. Performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Operations Manager and Director of Operations. These positions are hired to augment of regular staff for a limited duration not exceeding one hundred and twenty (120) days.
||Responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
• Performs a variety of non and semi-skilled tasks including but not inclusive of cutting grass and brush with manual and mechanical equipment; digging, weeding and other associated gardening tasks, planting, trimming and general husbandry of vegetative matter; flagging; loading/unloading equipment; removing garbage; digging; laying pipe; snow removal; laying asphalt and laying concrete.
• Operates a variety of small equipment such as pressure washers, concrete / asphalt cutting saws, generators, pumps, compressors, compactors, jackhammers and chainsaws.
• Performs general janitorial and maintenance duties.
• Uses a variety of mechanical and hand tools such as electrical drills, shovels, rakes, power actuated tools and ladders.
• Operates motor vehicles and parks related equipment.
• Maintains park benches, picnic tables, playground equipment and playgrounds.
• Installs and maintains regulatory signs.
• Applies pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers and other chemical compounds associated with the maintenance of parks and gardens under the direction of a holder of a valid Pesticide Applicators Certificate.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Completion of grade 12 or equivalent;
• Capable and willing to learn and enroll in E.O.C.P. Level 1 Water Distribution Certification program;
• Capable and willing to learn and enroll in E.O.C.P. Level 1 Wastewater Collection Certification program;
• Capable of obtaining a Pesticide Applicators certificate;
Licenses and Certifications
• Possession of a valid class 5 driver’s license;
• Valid Flagging Ticket.
• Of the practices, procedures, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the maintenance of municipal infrastructure;
• Of the occupational hazards and proper safety practices/procedures particular to the trade.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing in the English language;
• To work independently with a minimum of direction and make appropriate decisions related to work performed;
• To deal with the public in a courteous, tactful and diplomatic manner;
• To establish and maintain effective work relationships with peers and superiors;
• Sufficient physical strength, stamina, and coordination to effectively perform the work indoors or outdoors under all weather conditions.
Close Date: March 31, 2021
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (2 positions)
40 hours per week, Wednesday to Sunday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (2 positions)
Position Type: Unionized, non-management
Posting Type: Internal and external applications are accepted
||District of Hope
325 Wallace St.
Hope, BC V0X 1L0
||March 24, 2021 08:30 AM
||March 31, 2021 04:30 PM