|Learn to Skate Instructor
||City of Abbotsford
To apply online, click
||J0321-1167 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation & Culture
||We are seeking creative and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in skating, and passion for teaching all ages. A background in skating instruction or coaching is preferred; however, applicants with enthusiasm and potential can enroll in a Recreational Skating Instructor Course. The successful candidates will have an opportunity to work at any or all 3 arenas.
Abbotsford Recreation Centre, Matsqui Recreation Centre, MSA Arena
Dependent on program registration, approximately 4hrs/week
Hiring is ongoing based on program needs. The term of each contract is approximately 6 months with the possibility of an extension or renewal.
||The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for:
• Planning, implementing and teaching skating lessons for all ages including preschool, children
• Assessing and completing skating evaluations, providing support to other team members, and
ensuring that their activity areas and equipment are safe.
• Providing outstanding customer service to our participants.
• Previous skating instruction or coaching experience
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a culturally diverse community setting.
• Demonstrated effective communication skills
• Standard First Aid and CPR C with AED certification or higher
• Customer service is an asset
• Completion of the CanSkate Instructor course or coaching certificate would be an asset.
||Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Considerable knowledge of skating instruction techniques and skill progressions.
• Considerable knowledge of hazards, related precautions and safety regulations related to this
• Some knowledge of the operation of an ice rink facility
• Ability to assess and evaluate participants skating skill proficiency and to maintain related
• Ability to motivate students and provide a positive, safe, fun learning environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain a healthy working relationship with staff and patrons.
• Ability to work effectively, multitask and prioritize
• Knowledge of the City of Abbotsford Learn to Skate program is an asset
||$16.00 per hour plus an additional 4% in lieu of vacation.
||Employment Type: Contract
Position Start date: April 2021
Please apply online at www.abbotsford.ca/careers
||City of Abbotsford
32315 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford BC V2T 1W7
||March 19, 2021 08:30 AM
||April 18, 2021 04:30 PM