|Facilities Coordinator - Temporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
March 29, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U034 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time Facilities Coordinator (from approx. April 26, 2021 to April 28, 2023) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Facilities Department. Reporting to the Manager, Facilities in this unionized position, you will coordinate maintenance and construction work for a variety of municipal facilities.
• Coordinate maintenance and construction work for municipal facilities through use of internal and external resources
• Conduct facility inspections and condition assessments as needed to ensure conformance with applicable codes
• Monitor service contracts, review project invoices for compliance with contractual terms/agreements and recommend payment
• Develop and maintain inventory management systems and preventative maintenance programs for facilities and ensure regular maintenance requirements are achieved
• Develop scope of work and prepare cost estimates for construction/maintenance projects
• Liaise with internal and external contacts on facility maintenance, repair and construction
• Monitor the performance of contractors by conducting facility inspections and assessments
• Prepare and participate in evaluating requests for quotes, requests for proposal and tender documents
• Completion of a diploma program in building technology/sciences or a related discipline plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, materials and equipment applicable to building support services work
• Considerable knowledge of the rules, regulations, standards, policies and processes governing the work
• Sound knowledge of general building structures/components
• Ability to conduct inspections, identify building system problems and recommend maintenance/repair priorities
• Ability to coordinate projects and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts
• Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of documentation related to the work, read design and as built drawings, and monitor contractor invoices and assigned project budgets
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Security Clearance for work at RCMP Buildings is required. (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment)
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $37.18 - $43.90 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: March 23, 2021
External closing date for this competition: March 29, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||March 15, 2021 08:30 AM
||March 29, 2021 04:30 PM