|Financial Analyst - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
March 25, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U031 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Financial Analyst to join our team of professionals in the Finance Division, Financial Services Department. Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning, in this unionized position you will be responsible for maintaining general ledger and budget files.
• Assist departments in preparing budget submissions and reviews that adhere to municipal policy and regulatory requirements
• Assist departments in identifying needs for financial data and financial forecasting models as required
• Assist in the development and maintenance of the Township’s long-term financial plans and in the preparation of related forecasting models for use in analyzing municipal financing issues
• Prepare quarterly financial reporting and capital assets reporting
• Prepare year-end adjustments and working papers for use by municipal auditors as required
• Analyze a variety of data and prepare financial, statistical and analytical reports, related invoices and correspondence as required
• Prepare reports for senior management on matters such as project cost effectiveness and alternative funding sources
• Completion of a professional accounting designation plus a minimum of three years post qualification experience in municipal accounting and finance or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of methods, rules and regulations applicable to municipal accounting operations and budgeting
• Ability to recommend changes to computer applications to accomplish work-related objectives
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of municipal staff and external contacts
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Registration in a recognized professional accounting society
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $38.73 - $45.73 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: March 19, 2021
External closing date for this competition: March 25, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||March 11, 2021 08:30 AM
||March 25, 2021 04:30 PM