|Human Resources Advisor - Disability Management
||City of Abbotsford
This posting closed on
March 28, 2021
at 5:00 PM
||J0321-0149 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Innovation, Stategy & Intergovernmental Relations
||The City of Abbotsford has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Disability Management professional to join our Human Resources team. The incumbent will be the key point of contact for injured and ill employees of the City and the Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service. The City is undertaking a Customer Culture Strategy, with a critical strategic objective of Equipping our People: Helping Each Other to Succeed. Assisting ill and injured employees is a primary accountability for the City Human Resources Department. If you are motivated to support employees return to work in a successful and sustained manner, this may be the job for you.
||As the Human Resources Advisor - Disability Management you will be the main point of contact for injured and ill employees and their managers, ensuring best practices are followed in Stay at Work and Return to Work Programs. You will work with Third-Party Insurance Carriers for LTD Management, along with WSBC to manage Workers Compensation Claims. Communication skills are pivotal as you will be communicating with a full spectrum of customers and healthcare professionals. You will act as the Wellness Champion for the City.
||Educational Requirements: one of the following, supplemented with 1-2 years of related post-secondary education;
• Certificate of Disability Management or Return to Work Coordinator
• Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP)
• Certified Return To Work Coordinator (CRTWC)
• NIDMAR –Certified Return to Work Coordinator, or Certified DM Professional
• 2 years of Disability Management working with First Party Plans (WSBC, Employer STD/LTD
• 2 years of Casualty or Bodily Injury Adjusting experience.
Preferred in one of the following:
• Bachelor of Disability Management
• Disability, Casualty, Bodily Injury Insurance Adjusting experience of 5 or more years
• Workers Compensation Adjudicating experience of 5 or more years, WSBC direct experience
• Workplace Mental Health or Mental Wellness credentialing.
||If you are looking for a position that will provide you with endless opportunities for growth and accelerated learning, apply now!
At the City of Abbotsford we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We offer ongoing personal and professional development opportunities, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. To apply, please visit us online at www.abbotsford.ca/careers
||City of Abbotsford
32315 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford BC V2T 1W7
||March 9, 2021 08:30 AM
||March 28, 2021 05:00 PM