|Development Engineering Technologist
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
March 29, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U030 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Development Engineering Technologist to join our team of professionals in the Community Development Division, Development Engineering Department. Reporting to the Manager, Development Engineering, in this unionized position you will be responsible for administering assigned development projects. The successful candidate will be required to use a considerable amount of independent judgement within the framework of established policies, bylaws and standards.
• Oversee assigned development projects including outlining engineering requirements for each project
• Review design and contract specifications for conformance to applicable bylaws and standards
• Assist municipal staff with review of erosion and sediment control plans, site inspection and assess compliance with the Erosion and Sediment Control Bylaw
• Review drawings for all infrastructure and legal requirements, prepare specifications, schedules and cost estimates
• Draft Servicing and Development Agreements, establish bonding amounts and authorize the release of security deposits as construction progresses
• Perform site inspections, conduct assessments and advise applicants on the adequacy of municipal services
• Monitor construction progress and ensure adherence to plans, specifications and schedules
• Establish and maintain effective liaison with a variety of internal/external contacts and provide information, direction and assistance on engineering requirements, policies and related matters
• Coordinate and attend predesign and pre construction meetings
• Perform related work as required
• Graduation from an Institute of Technology with a Diploma in Engi¬neering Technology, plus considerable related experience preferably in a municipal setting or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Thorough knowledge of municipal engineering principles, standards and methods and of applicable engineering policies, procedures, standards and bylaws
• Considerable knowledge of municipal engineering practices including application to project design and in the preparation of engineering plans, specifications, contract documents and related material
• Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in construction of municipal infrastructures and of survey methods and functions
• Ability to administer assigned engineering projects, collect and analyze technical, statistical, costing and related data and information
• Ability to prepare and maintain records, reports and various other applicable correspondence
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Certification or eligibility for certification as an Applied Science Technologist within the Province of British Columbia
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $40.35 - $47.69 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: March 16, 2021
External closing date for this competition: March 29, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||March 8, 2021 08:30 AM
||March 29, 2021 04:30 PM