|Community Services Assistant 5 – Visual Arts Programmer
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
March 31, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||Are you a detail-oriented person with a passion for art education? We have an exciting opportunity for you to oversee the launch of visual arts courses and programs in a beautiful new facility.
As the program lead, you will be responsible for recruiting, supervising, and evaluating a team of instructors, overseeing curriculum development, coordinating staff, volunteer, and studio schedules, maintaining material inventory, promoting and tracking registration, and developing community and outreach events. While occasionally required to teach a class, your primary focus is supporting instructors and working behind the scenes to ensure programs run smoothly. Your leadership will have dramatic impact on creating a vibrant and welcoming environment for visitors to learn.
You will be part of a creative and interdisciplinary team responsible for implementing performing arts, visual arts, woodworking, and artist in residence programs. The team will catalyze the potential of the arts to benefit the health and wellbeing of the Clayton community. See www.surrey.ca/connectingclayton to learn more about Clayton Community Centre.
As a knowledgeable arts educator, your first-hand experience combines teaching visual art programs, managing sophisticated spreadsheets and administration workflows, and leading effective teams. You have a deep understanding of contemporary arts and the role arts education plays in developing people and vibrant communities.
||• Implementing annual calendar of visual arts programs, including planning, contracting, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating.
• Proofing and editing text, developing promotional material, advanced written and oral communication.
• Managing programming budgets, including monitoring revenues and expenses, ordering, and maintaining supplies.
• Supervising staff and volunteers, effective meeting facilitation.
• Microsoft Office Suite Including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
||• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by a degree/diploma in fine arts or arts administration or related discipline.
• Two years of progressively responsible experience including supervision.
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Valid BC Driver’s License with a safe driving history.
The successful candidate will be based at Clayton Community Centre and will be required to travel to other facilities within the City.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
||13450 104 Ave
Surrey, BC V3T 1V8
||March 3, 2021 08:30 AM
||March 31, 2021 04:30 PM