|IT Support Technician- Full Time
|*No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Abbotsford Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage diversity.
||Abbotsford Police Department
This posting closed on
March 25, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||The Abbotsford Police Department, with staff strength in excess of 300, is committed to making Abbotsford the safest city in BC. Through continuous improvement and innovation, we strive to provide the highest quality of service to our growing community. We are looking for dedicated and motivated individuals to fill the following exempt position of Full Time IT Support Technician.
The IT Support Technician is an exempt position providing user support and customer service on agency-supported computer applications and platforms. The position is responsible for troubleshooting problems and advising on the appropriate action to support Departmental goals and objectives.
• Provides 1st level helpdesk support by receiving, entering, assigning and prioritizing user requests in the helpdesk database
• Investigates and resolves software and hardware problems with users in person, by telephone, by email and/or remote desktop control
• Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots hardware and software systems, including but not limited to, desktop hardware and software, printers, mobile computing hardware including smartphones and a fleet of mobile computers in vehicles
• Monitors hardware and software use to ensure compliance with policy, procedures and licensing requirements
• Adapts to various duties and is flexible to work varied shifts as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Qualifications include a minimum two (2) years technical diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum of one year PC hardware, software applications and networking experience
• Recent experience with a Windows environment, Windows Server and Microsoft Office is required
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in order to be effective in requesting and delivering information
• Strong time management and organizational skills and can multi-task and adapt well to constantly changing priorities
• The ability to follow established policies and procedures
• The ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision
Salary range is $66,925 - $76,801 per year. Applicants will be interviewed in order to assess the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for the position. The successful candidate must obtain and maintain an enhanced security clearance, which includes a polygraph test.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and expectations, please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidates must obtain and maintain an enhanced security clearance, which includes a polygraph test.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and expectations, please submit your resume by email to email@example.com.
||Applications will be accepted by email only.
||February 25, 2021 08:30 AM
||March 25, 2021 04:30 PM