|Traffic Technologist - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
March 11, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U022 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 140,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Traffic Technologist to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Transportation Department. Reporting to the Manager of Transportation Engineering, in this unionized position you will be responsible for assisting in the development and administration of the Township's traffic operations program.
• Assist in developing and administering the traffic signal operations program including reviewing signal designs/modifications for new developments and capital works, reviewing street lighting design, downloading and compiling traffic count data from the signal controllers, conducting signal warrants and preparing traffic signal related legal responses
• Coordinate capital projects and assist in the preparation of the terms of reference, project specifications, contract documents and budget related to traffic programs
• Prepare traffic signal timing plans for multiple signals within a coordinated network, conduct traffic modeling and perform start-up tests on new traffic signals
• Coordinate and oversee the work of contractors engaged in the installation of traffic signals, street lights, controllers and associated devices
• Investigate traffic and parking related issues and provide information, assistance and interpretation to the public, internal and external contacts concerning traffic matters
• Perform related work as required
• Graduation from a recognized Institute of Technology with a diploma in Civil Engineering, Transportation and Traffic option and preferably with IMSA traffic signal certification, plus considerable related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Thorough knowledge of the methods, practices and software used in traffic operations engineering
• Considerable knowledge of the applicable rules, regulations, policies, procedures and bylaws related to the work
• Sound knowledge of the Township’s street layout, engineering drafting methods, practices and techniques, and of traffic engineering design principles, practices, programs and operations
• Ability to design traffic control systems and related installations and prepare applicable specifications, maps and drawings
• Ability to communicate effectively with the public and to establish/maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 years option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Certification or eligibility for certification as an Applied Science Technologist within the Province of British Columbia
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $40.35 - $47.69 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: February 26, 2021
External closing date for this competition: March 11, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 18, 2021 08:30 AM
||March 11, 2021 04:30 PM