|Parks Labourer - Urban Forestry (Shade Trees)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
February 12, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||3645 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The City of Surrey’s Parks Division aims to ensure that public street and park trees are well maintained to meet the needs of our growing communities. As part of that commitment, we are looking for motivated and hardworking seasonal labourers who are interested in gaining valuable career experience from a wide variety of urban forestry field-based work.
||As a Labourer, you will be responsible for assisting staff with a variety of work that involves tree maintenance. Duties may include:
• Inspecting and watering trees.
• Conducting a full range of supportive tree maintenance activities.
• Support pruning crews.
• Completing physical work in all weather condition.
• Interacting with the public in a professional manner.
||The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
• Be able to complete work of a heavy manual nature in all weather conditions.
• Strong public relations, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with power tools (hedge trimmers, chainsaws, and backpack blowers) and hand tools (shovels, picks,hand snips, loppers, and hand saws).
• Experience in arboriculture/horticulture is an asset.
||January 11, 2021 08:30 AM
||February 12, 2021 04:30 PM