||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
February 12, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||3648 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The City of Surrey’s Urban Forestry – Shade Trees team has a unique full-time temporary job opportunity for someone who is interested in applying their varied experience and skills to meet the challenges of assisting in the management of over 1,600 hectares of forest, shrubland, and grassland. The Urban Forestry – Shade Trees team provides exciting opportunities and challenges in an active and energetic environment.
||As a Groundskeeper I, you will be responsible for assisting senior supervisory staff with a variety of work that involves tree health, maintenance, and administration. Duties may include:
• Tree health inspections
• Tree inventory management
• Contract supervision
• Tree watering
• Responding to public inquiries
• Preparing reports and maintaining records
• Completing physical work in all weather conditions
• Performing other related duties as required
||• Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by successful completion of two additional relevant courses from an approved post-secondary education institution in any of the following course areas:
o Plant Biology
o Landscape Maintenance
o Landscape Installation/Design
• Plus, a minimum of 2 years recent experience in landscape maintenance and/or landscape construction, or
• An acceptable equivalent combination of training and experience.
Applicants will meet the following requirements:
• A valid, unrestricted BC Driver’s license with a safe driving record.
• Obtain a Pesticide Applicator’s License prior to completion of probation period.
• Exercises independence of judgment and action in performing the duties of the position.
• Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
• Possesses strong record-keeping, time management and organizational skills.
• Possesses strong computer skills and is proficient with Microsoft Excel.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers.
||January 11, 2021 08:30 AM
||February 12, 2021 04:30 PM