||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
January 15, 2021
at 4:30 PM
||21-U004 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Garage Assistant to join our team of professionals in the Protective Services - RCMP Division, Administration Department. Reporting to the Business Support Manager, in this unionized position you will be expected to provide semi-skilled manual and operations work as it relates to equipment/fleet vehicles at Langley RCMP Detachment.
• Perform janitorial and cleaning work
• Fuel and wash vehicles and collect and dispose of refuse
• Operate a forklift used in loading, unloading and moving parts and equipment
• Perform pick-up and delivery tasks, drive vehicles and equipment to external service shops or suppliers
• Controls inventory of equipment and maintains routine records
• Perform related work, as required
• Completion of Grade 12, and considerable experience in operating trucks and equipment and sound garage experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of the rules and safe operation and precautions required in driving and parking a variety of trucks, vehicles, heavy and light equipment
• Sound knowledge of the standard methods, practices, tools, materials and equipment used in dispensing fuel and performing janitorial work and methods used in servicing and maintaining equipment
• Knowledge of municipal streets and traffic routes and the ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions
• RCMP Enhanced Reliability Status is required. (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment)
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $30.33 per hour (2020 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday between 7:00am – 4:00pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: January 13, 2021
External closing date for this competition: January 15, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||January 5, 2021 08:30 AM
||January 15, 2021 04:30 PM