|Building Energy Specialist - Temporary Full-Time (from approx. September 21, 2020 to August 31, 2022
||Township of Langley
||20-U076 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Permit, Licence and Inspection Services
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for one temporary full-time Building Energy Specialist (from approx. September 1, 2020 to approx. August 31, 2022) to join our team of professionals in the Community Development Division, Permit, Licence and Inspection Services. Reporting to the Building Energy Manager in this unionized position, you will perform specialized technical and administrative work related to the development and framework of the Township’s Energy Step Code and other green building programs and policies.
• Develop and refine frameworks, processes and policies for the Township's Energy Step Code implementation for Part 9 and Part 3 new construction and other green building programs/policies
• Monitor and evaluate energy modelling documents to assess compliance to Energy Step Code guidelines and other green building regulations
• Provide support, resources and technical knowledge to internal staff on building envelopes, mechanical systems, Energy Step Code, low carbon energy systems, greenhouse gas intensities and the building energy policy
• Liaise with builders, developers and members of the public with questions on requirements related to green buildings
• Conduct mid and post-construction site inspections and assess construction to Energy Step Code and other related green building regulations
• Perform other related work as required
• Graduation from an Institute of Technology with a diploma in Architectural/Building Technology or Mechanical Engineering or Registered Technologist, Certified Energy Advisor, Certified Energy Manager plus sound related experience preferably in a municipal setting; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of current methodologies and design practices for building architecture, engineering, building construction, green building systems, energy and carbon management including building energy performance
• Considerable knowledge of the BC Building Code, BC Energy Step Code, National Energy Code for Buildings, ASHRAE 90.1 (Energy Standards for Buildings)
• Ability to analyze and complete energy models for building construction projects, conduct comprehensive research and analysis and synthesize solutions from diverse information
• Ability to understand and communicate technical regulatory requirements to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $38.73 - $45.73 per hour (2020 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: August 5, 2020
External closing date for this competition: August 17, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||July 27, 2020 08:30 AM
||August 17, 2020 11:59 PM