|Environmental Technician - Arboriculture
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
July 21, 2020
at 11:59 PM
||3539 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning and Development
||As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
As an Environmental Technician you will perform skilled and technical work related to administration of the City’s Tree Protection Bylaw.
||• Review tree cutting permit applications
• Lead bylaw compliance investigations
• Review development permit applications and tree protection measures for construction
• Ensure replacement trees are planted and protected
||• University Degree or Diploma in Forestry, Arboriculture, Horticulture or a related field from an accredited post-secondary institution along with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in arboriculture-related work.
• A valid BC driver’s license and the use of the incumbents own vehicle for site visits is required.
• The incumbent will be an International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist and Qualified Tree Risk Assessor.
• An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
||• Practical knowledge of tree biology, insects and diseases
• Superior public relation and interpersonal skills including dealing with others in stressful situations
• Strong organizational skills
• Advanced problem-solving skills to effect on-site resolution of project related problems
• Knowledge of applicable statutes and regulations, including the City’s Tree Protection Bylaw
• Maintenance of work-related records
• Knowledge of natural area management and riparian areas/sensitive ecosystems is considered an asset.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||July 6, 2020 08:30 AM
||July 21, 2020 11:59 PM