|Accountant 1 (1 Year Term)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
June 5, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||3528 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Union - CUPE Local 402 – 1-year Term.
This position is responsible for professional accounting, financial management, budgetary and operational control. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing financial support and advice to the Parks, Recreation, and Culture Department.
||• Ensure that all month-end financial accounting duties, and all resulting financial reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Support the development of annual operating budgets and long-range financial plans.
• Monitor, analyse and report on budgeted versus actual revenues and expenditures.
• Contribute ideas for process improvements to enhance workflow efficiency and maintain and strengthen internal accounting policies and controls.
• Assist management in analyzing and explaining budgetary variances, financial decision making and consistent application of policies and standards.
• Analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports and projections as required.
• Preparing monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial summaries (including Forecasts) and business analytics for internal and external reporting.
• Support management in special projects and initiatives and ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
• Build effective working relationships with staff and management and respond effectively to requests for financial information.
• Perform other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
||• Successful completion of Core Modules 1 and 2 of the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Program.
• One year of directly related experience.
• Effective communication skills both orally and in writing.
• Thorough working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as they relate to local government including Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB).
• Extensive knowledge of financial systems and computer applications.
• Demonstrate skills, ability, knowledge, and experience necessary to perform duties of this degree of complexity.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Prior experience with Agresso Financial System (Unit 4) will be considered an asset.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3528
||May 29, 2020 08:30 AM
||June 5, 2020 04:30 PM