|Manager, Parks Operations
||City of Abbotsford
This posting closed on
May 24, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-033 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging and rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Parks Operations to join our Parks, Recreation, and Culture team. Reporting to the Director, Parks and Facilities, the Manager will be responsible for all aspects of Parks Operations relating to urban forestry, natural areas, horticulture, maintenance, parks buildings and hardscapes, cemeteries, and Abbotsford Exhibition Park.
In this key role, you will provide leadership to all Parks Operations section personnel. You will possess the ability to plan, direct, organize, and supervise the work of individual employees and work teams. You will provide expert advice on day-to-day operations, standards and policies, operating budgets, equipment, and staff resources. The incumbent will serve as a key member of the City’s management team; participating in overall short and long range planning. You will make key recommendations, assisting with the implementation of Council’s strategic objectives. This role requires a highly efficient, with great attention to detail, self-starter who values a team environment and can manage a busy and interesting workload while providing excellent customer service.
As the ideal candidate you have:
• Completion of a University degree preferably in Horticulture, Arboriculture, or other parks related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Six years of progressive related experience in parks operations and management as it relates to arboriculture, horticulture and natural areas management
• Thorough working knowledge of occupational health and safety standards and practices, preferably in the public sector.
• Knowledge of municipal policies, bylaws, provincial and federal regulations as they apply to the working environment of parks operations.
• Results-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects with tight timelines.
• Strong computer skills
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and a safe driving history.
This exempt position offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. If you are looking for a position that will provide you with endless opportunities for growth and accelerated learning, apply now!
At the City of Abbotsford we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We offer ongoing personal and professional development opportunities, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. To apply, please visit us online at www.abbotsford.ca/careers
||May 8, 2020 08:30 AM
||May 24, 2020 04:30 PM