||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
April 17, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||3513 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Welcome to the team, Web Specialist! Reporting to the Manager of Web & New Media, you will be joining the City and the Web & New Media Team in a new and exciting time, as the City prepares to relaunch www.surrey.ca on a Drupal 8 website later this year. With over 5 million sessions a year, you will join us to play a key role in growing the use, effectiveness and enjoyment of our website for our audiences.
The Web Specialist is a role which requires technical expertise with a digitally strategic approach to develop, sustain and grow the City’s web-based technology. You will work as part of the Web & New Media Team alongside Marketers, Digital Communications Specialists and very closely with Information Technology, collaborating with IT Architects, UX Designers and with vendors as we move surrey.ca and Drupal forward.
||You have a passion for finding opportunities to leverage technology to deliver on customer-focused, exciting content and service focused experiences. You crave consistency, love seeing things from multiple perspectives and get excited about finding efficiencies and creating easy to use websites for the City of Surrey’s customers.
You bring a strong technical background with a natural ability to communicate with internal and external customers and vendors to understand business needs. With your knowledge of best practices for digital strategy and proven experience with Drupal, you can inspire and educate others on the possibilities and value of employing the right technology/technologies in the right way to meet their needs, and that of their customers.
As a bonus, you also bring knowledge of communication principles, practices, methods and techniques/knowledge of social media channels and are familiar with how to communicate on each medium.
||• University graduation in communications or a related field including or supplemented by courses related to website development and maintenance and 5 years experience in directly related work, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Define, manage, and implement website improvements, both independently and with inside and outside teams.
• Be the technical and strategic lead of our Drupal website(s).
• Lead approved projects; plan and coordinate the ongoing development and redesign of websites; define goals and objectives, project assignments and schedules, participate in the selection of vendors; oversee the work of consultants and junior staff; monitors project budgets and adherence to schedules.
• Generate and analyze reports (eg, Google Analytics) pertaining to web usage and communicates results to department managers and develop and maintain a users’ guide.
• Manage the City’s Drupal-related vendor relationships (eg, tickets, resolution, project communication and triage, etc.) and assist with vendor selection.
• Website troubleshooting and issues management.
• Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check.
||Pleas apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers
||April 1, 2020 08:30 AM
||April 17, 2020 04:30 PM