|Early Childhood Educator Lead - Nature Preschool
||City of Surrey
||3468 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The City of Surrey provides exciting opportunities and challenges in an active and energetic environment and is looking for an enthusiastic Early Childhood Educator Lead to teach the Nature Preschool program at the Surrey Nature Centre. This is a co-lead position and is best suited to a creative, self-motivated individual who enjoys working outdoors in all weather conditions, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The City of Surrey follows a responsive curriculum and is committed to ensuring that every child in our program has a positive and safe experience.
The yearlong Nature Preschool program runs annually from September to June, and classes are currently scheduled on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. This position is an auxiliary position with non-standard hours. Regular shifts with the Nature Preschool will start in February (mid-year of the current program), and occasional afternoon and evening shifts may be required. Additional subbing shifts at other City of Surrey early years programs may be available prior to the February start date.
||• Working with families to provide a creative, enriched, play-based learning environment;
• Responsible for organizing and maintaining a stimulating, place-based learning environment that encourages all areas of child development, including self-esteem, environmental literacy, creative problem solving, collaboration, and emergent literacy and numeracy;
• Responsible for the implementation of non-licensed Nature Preschool that will run completely outdoors in Green Timbers Park
||• A valid License to Practice – Early Childhood Educator (ECE) and hold an Early Childhood Educator Certificate;
• Experience teaching in an outdoor setting
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• The ability to be culturally sensitive, collaborative, resourceful and knowledgeable of community services in Surrey;
• Experience with a responsive philosophy;
• Have basic computer skills;
• Knowledge of local plants and animals (asset)
• A current first aid certificate and will be required to go through a Ministry and City police information check.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||February 14, 2020 08:30 AM
||March 6, 2020 04:30 PM