|Recreation Worker IV - Fitness Room Attendant (up to 2) - Regular Part-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
February 24, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U033 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to two Recreation Workers IV – Fitness Room Attendants to join our team of professionals in the Parks and Recreation Division; Recreation Programs and Services Department. Reporting to the Community Recreation Manager, in this unionized position you will be responsible for overseeing the conduct of customers in the fitness centres/weight rooms and the day-to-day cleaning and facilitation of weight room supervision and programs.
• Supervising and instructional duties in the fitness centre, including supervision of customers, fitness centre orientations, and general clean-up
• Assist in program development for health and fitness, assist with newsletters and bulletin boards, ensuring safe and proper use of equipment and facilities
• Provide information and advice to the public regarding programs and facilities, ensuring observance of regulations governing public conduct
• Prepare and maintain records and activity reports
• Completion of Grade 12 and courses in community recreation, leadership and/or conflict resolution, and sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Personal Training Certifications, Practicing BCAK Kinesiologists or CSEP Exercise Specialists are considered assets and may be hired into additional positions
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a police information check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BCRPA Weight Trainer (or equivalent)
• Emergency First Aid Certification
• CPR Certification
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $23.91 - $28.00 per hour (5 steps; 2020 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. There are two positions with the following work hour patters.
Position #1 Shift Pattern
Hours of work are Sunday 4:00pm – 8:00pm; Monday and Wednesday 8:00am – 1:30pm; Thursday 8:30am – 1:30pm; non-standard and/or non-standard work week.
Position #2 Shift Pattern
Hours of work are Sunday 6:45am – 2:15pm; Monday 6:15am – 1:45pm; and Wednesday 3:00 – 9:00pm; non-standard and/or non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, February 19, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, February 24, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 10, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 24, 2020 04:30 PM