|Park Technician - Civil Construction
||City of Surrey
||3453 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||We’re looking for a Park Technician – Civil Construction to lead a field team in a full array of landscape development projects in parks, to meet the outdoor recreational needs of our growing communities.
||Reporting to the Manager of Park Development Services, the Park Technician is responsible for a full range of landscape renovation and new installation projects, ranging from landscape drainage and irrigation systems to athletic field installations and site servicing. This position will be working in all weather conditions and is responsible for:
• Supervising crews and onsite contractors.
• Performing hands on field work in accordance with accepted standards, techniques and practices.
• Managing projects within approved budgets.
• Operating and maintaining heavy construction equipment.
• Developing cost estimates and other technical reports.
• Maintaining records pertaining to the status of projects.
• Developing and managing safety plans.
||You must have one of the following:
• Completed a diploma program from a recognized post-secondary institution, and a minimum of 3 years related experience; or
• Completed Grade 12 supplemented by a Trades Qualification and 3 years of related progressive experience; or
• Completed Grade 12 and a Technical Certificate Program from a recognized post-secondary institution with additional related academic courses and training, supplemented by 4 years of related progressive experience.
We’re also looking for a knowledgeable civil or turf grass professional who can think on their feet and handle stressful situations with tact, diplomacy and fairness. Our ideal candidate will have:
• A comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, standards, guidelines and materials used in landscape construction work.
• Experience with reading construction drawings and layouts.
• The ability to understand and interpret grade stakes and other site survey work.
• Superior public relations and interpersonal skills.
• Great problem solving skills to effect on site resolutions to project related problems.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• A valid BC driver’s license with a safe driving history.
• Pesticide Applicator’s license.
• A combination of training and experience may be considered.
||February 6, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 26, 2020 04:30 PM