|Community Services Coordinator 2 - Youth
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
February 17, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||3452 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Recreation Surrey has been offering residents diverse recreational spaces and programs to meet the needs of our communities. From gyms, pools and multi-purpose rooms to drop-in and regular recreation programs to special events, our recreation facilities aim to keep our residents healthy, active and engaged.
To help deliver the wide range of programs for youth that is responsive to the needs in Cloverdale, we’re looking for a Community Services Coordinator 2. Work at this level is characterized by the significant scope and depth of supervisory and financial responsibility within a multifunctional and diversified facility. and a high profile for community services responsibility.
||We’re looking for a positive leader who has a strong foundation in creating and delivering programs in a recreational setting. The successful candidate will lead staff and coordinate with other stakeholders to create and implement programs for youth.
The role includes
• Planning and implementing a diverse range of programs for youth.
• Partnership collaboration to meet the needs of community.
• Actively collaborating with youth to understand needs.
• Using a holistic view when problem solving.
• Providing leadership and direction to ensure safety guidelines and processes are followed to maintain a safe environment for youth, staff and patrons.
• Developing and administering annual budgets and grants, including revenues and expenditures.
• Preparing reports as required for budgets and grants.
• Recruiting, supervising, supporting and training staff and volunteers.
||Our ideal candidate is a community minded leader who has a proven track record of building strong relationships, especially with partners and stakeholders. They are an effective communicator who can handle situations with tact and professionalism.
The individual we’re looking for must have a good understanding of community recreation programs, their purpose and objectives. They’ll also have leadership experience in connecting with youth, developing and implementing programs to meet diverse needs and a passion for creating a safe and welcome environment for everyone in our facilities.
The successful candidate will have:
• Graduated from a recognized university or college level program.
• 4 years of progressively responsible experience in the delivery of recreation services or community development work.
• Must have technical expertise applicable to the specific role.
• Work experience in positive youth engagement.
• Knowledge of community assets, partners, and resources.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
||February 4, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 17, 2020 04:30 PM