|Community Services Coordinator 2 - Preschool and Children
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
February 17, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||3452 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Recreation Surrey provides residents with diverse recreational spaces and programs to meet the needs of our communities. From gyms, pools and multi-purpose rooms to drop-in and regular recreation programs to special events, our recreation facilities aim to keep our residents healthy, active and engaged.
To help deliver the wide range of programs to people of all ages, we’re looking for a Community Services Coordinator 2. This role will play a key role in supervising in ensuring our programs meet the needs of our community.
||We’re looking for a positive leader who has a strong foundation in creating and delivering programs in a recreational setting. The successful candidate will lead staff and coordinate with other stakeholders to create and implement programs for children, ages 0-12 and their families.
The role includes
• Planning and implementing a diverse range of programs for preschoolers and children
• Providing leadership and direction to ensure safety guidelines and processes are followed to maintain a safe environment for staff and patrons.
• Developing and administering annual budgets and grants, including revenues and expenditures.
• Preparing reports as required for budgets and grants.
• Recruiting, supervising and training staff and volunteers
||Our ideal candidate is a community minded leader who has a proven track record of building strong relationships, especially with partners and stakeholders. They are an effective communicator who can handle situations with tact and professionalism.
The individual we’re looking for must have a good understanding of community recreation programs, their purpose and objectives. They’ll also have leadership experience in a recreation facility and a passion for creating a safe and welcome environment for everyone in our facilities.
The successful candidate will have:
• Graduated from a recognized university or college level program
• 4 years of progressively responsible experience in the delivery of recreation services or community development work.
• Must have technical expertise applicable to the specific role.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||February 4, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 17, 2020 04:30 PM