|Recreation Worker III - Auxiliary
||Township of Langley
||20-B009 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley seeks applicants on an ongoing basis to augment auxiliary positions for Recreation Worker III – General Instructor (Sport, Arts and Crafts, Dance, Gymnastics, and Skating) to join our team of professionals in the Parks and Recreation; Arts, Culture and Community Initiatives divisions. Reporting to the Community Recreation Manager, you will be responsible in this unionized position for providing leadership and instruction for a variety of a recreation programs and activities.
• Provide guidance and assistance and performing general leadership duties according to the nature and requirements of the program
• Assisting a superior in planning assigned recreational activities, ensuring for the safe and proper use of equipment and facilities
• Strong interpersonal skills, be well organized and able to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of internal and external contacts.
Sports Instructor - Successful candidates must have the ability to provide leadership for a variety of recreation programs and activities. Applicants must have the ability to plan and lead structured programs with a focus on a variety of sports skills in a recreational setting. Level 1 or 2 Coaching certification is considered an asset.
Art and Craft Instructor - Successful candidates must have the ability to provide leadership for a variety of recreation programs and activities. Applicants must have the ability to plan and lead structured programs with a focus on arts and crafts skills in a recreational setting.
Dance Instructor - Successful candidates must have the ability to assist in providing leadership for a variety of recreation programs and activities. Applicants must be able to instruct a variety of dance styles (ballet, jazz, hip hop). Previous instructional dance courses or experience is considered an asset.
Gymnastics Instructor - Successful candidates must have the ability to provide leadership for a variety of recreation programs and activities. Applicants must have the ability to plan and lead structured programs with a focus on a variety of gymnastics skills in a recreational setting. Previous gymnastics coaching experience and a minimum of a Level 1 Coaching certification is considered an asset.
Skating Instructor – Successful candidates must have the ability to provide leadership for a variety of recreation programs and activities. Applicants must have the ability to plan and lead structured programs with a focus on leading, participating and instructing skating program participants. Experience as a skating instructor; and Food Safe, are considered assets.
• Your education will include completion of grade 10, preference in sports or Early Childhood Education (Pre-School) and some related instructional experience in a recreational environment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Sound knowledge of program content of assigned programs and activities
• Working knowledge of community recreation principles
• Ability to organize, lead, participate in, assist and/or independently instruct program participants
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with program participants, volunteers, recreation staff and the general public, as well as prepare and maintain records and reports related to the work
• One-year program leadership experience, National Coaching Certification Program, High Five, and Fundamental Movement Skills Certifications are considered assets
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a police information check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $22.09 - $25.82 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are non-standard hours and/or non-standard work weeks.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal/External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, December 18, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 4, 2020 08:30 AM
||December 18, 2020 04:30 PM