|Building Service Worker - Auxiliary
||Township of Langley
||20-B007 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley seeks applicants on an ongoing basis to augment auxiliary positions for Building Service Worker to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Facilities Department. Reporting to the Superintendent, Facilities Operations and Maintenance, you will be responsible in this unionized position to perform custodial, janitorial, and minor maintenance tasks on an assigned shift in and around a municipal building.
• Sweep, wash, wax, and polish floors, hallways and related areas.
• Wash hand basins, sinks, toilets, and tile work and replenish supplies in washrooms.
• Clean windows, doors, glass partitions, and painted surfaces.
• Perform minor maintenance, repair and painting work as required.
• Ensure for building security,
• Answer inquiries and gives out routine information and assistance to the public when required.
• Work well with minimal supervision
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of grade 12 (or equivalent) combined with some related experience
• Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in janitorial work
• Principles of operation of heating, hot water, and ventilation units; and of routine building maintenance and minor repair tasks
• Ability to perform simple repair and maintenance tasks on building and heating units and components
• Courteously and effectively with internal and external contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills, and be well organized
• Building Service Worker course would be an asset
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a police information check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driver’s Record (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $23.91 - $28.00 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are non-standard hours and/or non-standard work weeks.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal/External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, December 18, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 4, 2020 08:30 AM
||December 18, 2020 04:30 PM