|Support Clerk (Engineering) - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
February 5, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U027 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Support Clerk, to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Business Support Department. Reporting to the Manager, Engineering Business Support, this position will be responsible for providing superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Respond to enquiries, requests and complaints by telephone, email, and in person and assist by explaining and interpreting rules, regulations, and general policies
• Receive and process telephone and radio calls and provide information, dispatch crews as required and takes corrective action in accordance with established procedures
• Receive and process applications for various permits issued by the engineering department by obtaining the required information, then forwarding applications to the appropriate technical staff for review and approval as required
• Perform a variety of tasks in support of the Engineering Division that may include payroll entry for our outside crews, invoicing and processing payments, and Parks Operations bookings
• Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by commercial and accounting courses
• Two years of office experience, preferably in a municipal setting, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic, and proper vocabulary is critical
• Knowledge of recordkeeping, billing, indexing, and related clerical functions
• Ability to deal effectively with the public, other employees, and subordinates in processing a variety of enquiries, complaints and related matters is required
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $25.82 - $30.33 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday; 7 hours per day between 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, February 5, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, February 5, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||January 28, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 5, 2020 04:30 PM