|Concession Worker - Front of House Services
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 31, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||3410 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Reporting directly to the Front of House Coordinator, this front-line position relates to customer service and public safety. The job includes professional food and beverage service. Staff should be prepared to be trained for and accept shifts in all areas of responsibility for front of house concession/bar and ushering. Work schedule is non-standard, and includes, evenings, weekends, and shifts of varying lengths.
||Duties will include but not be limited to, the following:
• Opening and closing of bar and concession, including stock counting and float counting.
• Opening and closing will be done individually or as part of a team.
• Inventory control - accurate counting at beginning and end of shift.
• Quick and accurate mental calculations, as we do not use a cash register.
• Service to large numbers of patrons in a short amount of time.
• Implementation and adherence to Food Safety Plans.
• Adherence to Serving It Right rules for responsible alcoholic beverage service.
• Clean up and some maintenance of concession equipment.
• Representing the Surrey Arts Centre in a professional manner as a front-line information officer.
• Promoting all activities, events and amenities offered at the Surrey Arts Centre.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following:
• Strong oral communication and public relation skills.
• Understand and effectively carry out both oral and written instructions.
• Deal tactfully and courteously with members of the public, and other staff.
• Accurate cash handling procedures.
• Good knowledge of equipment related to food preparation and cleaning of equipment. Working knowledge of applicable health and safety regulations.
• Stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Comfortable with moderate lifting.
||• Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
• One year experience in a position requiring the handling of cash and preparation of concession items.
• Food Safe Level 1 or higher.
• Emergency First Aid with CPR.
||January 16, 2020 08:30 AM
||January 31, 2020 04:30 PM