|Stewardship Program Assistant (Community Services Assistant 3)
|*Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2651.
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 12, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2651 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Join our Urban Forestry Stewardship team dedicated to caring for Surrey’s natural environments to meet the needs of our growing communities. We are looking for innovative and collaborative individuals to be our next Stewardship Programs Assistants in the following areas:
• Community outreach and communications
• Elementary and secondary school stewardship projects
• Public programs and events
||As a Stewardship Programs Assistant, you will be working varying schedules, including some evenings and weekends, to help increase awareness and appreciation for Surrey’s natural areas and shade trees. You will be responsible for:
• Planning, implementing, and delivering a wide range of park programs and events, including invasive plant removal, tree planting, park clean-ups, and nature education programs.
• Promoting park programs and events.
• Assisting in the development and distribution of promotional and educational materials, including website, social media, signage and print materials.
• Assisting in the recruitment, training and scheduling of volunteers.
• Providing direction to volunteers and junior staff,
• Assisting with various administrative duties, and perform other duties as required.
||• Completion of Grade 12 and some related post-secondary education from a recognized institution, supplemented by 2 years related experience (including supervision) in environmental education and/or stewardship.
||• Have a valid BC driver’s license with a safe driving history is required as well.
• Have excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Be comfortable interacting with a variety of ages, cultures, individuals and groups.
• Have current Occupational First Aid (or acceptable equivalent).
||• This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
• Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
||December 5, 2018 08:30 AM
||December 12, 2018 04:30 PM