|Parks Labourer - Sports Turf Maintenance
||City of Surrey
||2641 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Park Facility Operations is looking for temporary full time skilled individuals, working in an active and energetic environment, within the Parks Athletic Field maintenance team. This temporary employment will be from May 1st to September 1st, working 40 hours per week with some possible weekend work.
||- Perform grass cutting, line trimming and sodding.
- Complete ball diamond infield maintenance, tournament set up and synthetic turf maintenance.
- Be competent in truck and trailer operation.
- Demonstrate safe work practices.
- Possess excellent teamwork skills and have the ability to communicate effectively, particularly when dealing with the public.
- Have knowledge and skill in the methods and equipment used in outdoor sports turf maintenance work.
||- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
||- Have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Have relevant training and experience performing manual labour.
- Related education and grounds maintenance experience are considered assets.
- Hands-on experience with related tools and equipment is preferred.
- Be able to complete work of a heavy manual nature in all weather conditions.
||Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check and submittal of a Drivers abstract. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications. Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2641.
||December 4, 2018 08:30 AM
||January 18, 2019 04:30 PM