|Energy Facility Operator (Auxiliary)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 11, 2018
at 11:59 PM
||2630 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Under supervision from senior staff, the Energy Facility Operator is responsible for performing daily responsibilities related to the operations of the City’s District Energy Centre(s), hot water distribution pipe network, temporary energy centres, and energy transfer stations in customer buildings. The City currently operates natural gas-fired energy centres to heat the growing district energy network. In the future, this will include operation of low-carbon energy centres which could include waste heat recovery centres using heat pumps or biomass energy centres using boilers fueled by wood waste.
||• Operation and maintenance of the central heating plant(s) boilers.
• Monitors gauges, plant operational data on the central control system HMI, level indicators, and alarm systems. Controls, monitors and maintains Surrey City Energy automated and manual control systems.
• Optimizes economical and environmental performance by making operational adjustments as required. Responds to alarms and diagnoses problems.
• Takes corrective action as needed to ensure safe and efficient operations.
• Performs standard plant and building maintenance including equipment repairs and replacing components. Tests and calibrates instruments to ensure proper functionality.
• Liaises with representatives of buildings receiving thermal energy services to ensure efficient integration and customer service.
• Coordinate and supervise contract personnel on site.
||• Completion of Grade 12 with a minimum of 4th Class Power Engineer Certification.
• Related experience in a facility with centralized natural gas boilers.
• Experience as a facility operator with a background in operating and maintenance on central HVAC equipment an asset.
• An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
• A valid and unrestricted driver’s license with a safe driving record.
• Knowledge in the operation, maintenance and repair of thermal producing facilities, as well as, electrical, instrumentation automation, and communications systems.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and provide service to customers regarding facility related matters.
• Ability to provide innovative solutions in optimizing efficiencies and operational improvements.
• Exercise independent judgement and decision making in performing duties.
||• Note: Incumbents in this position will be available to work 12 hour shifts to cover after hours.
Sunday and Saturday 7pm to 7am
Saturday and Sunday 7am to 7pm
Monday to Friday 7pm to 7am
||November 28, 2018 08:30 AM
||December 11, 2018 11:59 PM