|Director, Building Permits and Licences
||City of Abbotsford
To apply online, click
||18-253 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning and Development
||At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging and rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford’s Planning & Development Department is looking for a self-motivated and driven professional to join their team as Director, Building Permits & Licences. The Director is a vital member of our Planning & Development Services Department leadership team; this position has responsibility for the overall management and operation of a busy division that includes construction-related permits and business licences.
This unique opportunity calls for a dynamic, result oriented professional with strong communication, organizational skills, and managing people skills. The role is suited to a proven leader with a thorough knowledge of building code, applicable bylaws and regulations, as well as the Local Government Act and Community Charter. Knowledge of future trends in construction is desirable. The incumbent will also be called upon to provide policy advice to the corporate management team and council on building safety issues.
Drawing on solid experience and exceptional communication skills, the ideal candidate will bring fresh and innovative ideas, strong leadership and managerial skills, an ability to manage complex projects, deliver to ambitious schedules, guide employees to meet strategic targets and provide creative solutions within a regulatory framework, all with a track record of delivering successful outcomes to difficult challenges. The City is looking for a natural team leader and change-agent, committed to building and fostering a cooperative, collaborative and professional culture in the workplace.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess:
• a combination of education and experience that is commensurable with the position. This could include; Professional Engineer, Limited Licence Engineer, Architect, Registered Building Official or other related education;
• a minimum of 10 years of progressive related work experience, including a minimum of five years in a senior management role;
• a thorough knowledge of engineering principles, building code, land development and land use planning principles;
• a thorough knowledge of municipal legislation, acts, regulations, codes, and standards related to all types of development and building construction; and
• experience in a public sector setting is desirable; especially in managing a union work force.
At the City of Abbotsford we work strongly to create a challenging and rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We offer ongoing personal and professional development opportunities, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
||November 27, 2018 08:30 AM
||December 23, 2018 04:30 PM