|Recreation Facility Clerk
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
December 10, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||Recreation and Culture
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Recreation and Culture Department seeks a customer-oriented and self-motivated individual to join their department in the Recreation Facility Clerk role on a Regular Full-Time basis. This position processes recreation program registrations and facility bookings, sets up reoccurring programs, and monitors program enrollment. Other clerking duties include preparing and maintaining office records, including correspondence, reports, minutes, flyers, and statistics, opening and closing facilities, directing the work of volunteers, and performing a variety of payment processing transactions. As a front line staff member, your exemplary customer care skills will be demonstrated in supplying information, assistance, and direction to the public and other groups and handling inquiries regarding rules, programs, and regulations. Evening and weekend work are required as part of the working hours of this position.
• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by word processing and administrative courses, preferably Microsoft Office Suite training, plus sound related experience performing clerical duties in an office environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Sound knowledge of departmental policies, practices, rules, and regulations related to the work;
• Sound knowledge of computer systems and software applications related to the job duties, and the ability to operate a variety of office equipment;
• Sound knowledge of cash register, cash handling procedures and practices, business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic;
• Proficiency in the use of computer software, including Microsoft Office and facility booking software (particularly CLASS);
• Ability to perform clerical duties with accuracy and detail and prepare and maintain a variety of records, files, and reports related to the work;
• Proven record in developing and maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external clients, reflecting a strong commitment to customer service; understanding user group needs;
• Ability to provide a variety of factual information and related services in a professional manner;
• Ability to exercise initiative in making decisions in accordance to applicable rules and policies;
• Ability to work independently and work collaboratively with others and to make a positive contribution to a team environment;
• Ability to provide orientation and training and to assign and review work of volunteers and casuals;
• Ability to set up and remove equipment and furniture.
The hourly rate of this appointment is position is $23.88 to $27.99 (2018) with select benefits offered. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
||Apply on line www.whiterockcity.ca/jobs
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||November 26, 2018 08:30 AM
||December 10, 2018 04:30 PM