|General Operations Clerk - Training Opportunity
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 7, 2018
at 11:59 PM
||2626 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning & Development
The Planning and Development Department is seeking energetic, self-motivated team players to join our Building Division in a 12-month opportunity to train as a General Operations Clerk. You will perform varied and complex clerical duties and technical work related to a broad range of matters within the Building, Planning and Engineering departments.
During the training opportunity, you will work at our front counter services to build your knowledge and experience of building, planning, and engineering department functions. You will learn the necessary procedures and policies and gain familiarity with City by-laws and their applications to such functions.
To be considered, you must have:
• Completion of Grade 12 education supplemented by courses in building, planning and/or engineering.
• Minimum 1-year customer service experience (asset if related to building, planning and/or engineering.
• OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Strong customer service and communication skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and busy work environment.
• Ability to solve problems and use judgment to make sound decisions.
During the training opportunity, you will be expected to:
• Enrol and work towards successful completion of courses related to building/construction, planning, and/or civil engineering totaling a minimum of nine (9) credits.
• Successfully meet all performance expectations of the training opportunity in order to continue in the program (your suitability will be assessed quarterly and feedback will be provided).
If you are deemed unsuccessful during the training opportunity, your assignment will be ended.
||Conditions of Employment
• Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
This posting closes December 7, 2018.
||November 23, 2018 08:30 AM
||December 7, 2018 11:59 PM