|Commercial Plan Reviewer - Plan Checker 2
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 18, 2018
at 11:59 PM
||2617 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning & Development
||As a member of the Planning and Development Department’s Building Division team you will be responsible for processing and reviewing building permit applications for multi-residential, small commercial and industrial buildings and related construction.
||• Using your knowledge of Part 3 and Part 9 of the BC Building Code, you will provide expertise on building matters.
• You will use your communication skills to provide valuable information on technical issues to a wide variety of customers and internal staff.
• You are someone who has interpersonal and public relation skills. These will be critical as you engage with contractors, City Staff, and the public.
• You will use your judgement and decision making skills to support decisions and make recommendations.
• Your organizational skills and attention to detail will aid you in handling multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
||• A Diploma in Building Technology and considerable experience in plan reviewing or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Level II Certification from the Building Officials Association of BC is considered an asset.
• Direct experience reviewing Part 9 and Part 3 of the BC Building Code
• Directly related municipal experience is considered an asset
• A valid BC driver’s license is required.
||November 20, 2018 08:30 AM
||December 18, 2018 11:59 PM