|Environmental Planner - Biodiversity Conservation Strategy
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 10, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||Job ID 2618 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Reporting to the Urban Forestry Manager, within the Parks Division, this is a complex, professional position requiring considerable expertise to lead the cross-departmental implementation of Surrey’s Biodiversity Conservation Strategy. To achieve identified Biodiversity Conservation Strategy goals, you will provide leadership, advice and direction to staff and external agents. You will participate in reviewing capital infrastructure and park development projects, and land development applications, relative to the Biodiversity Conservation Strategy and in the context of bylaws, regulations and other policies.
||- Have expertise in regards to environmental regulations to coordinate and lead the implementation of the Biodiversity Conservation Strategy in conjunction with capital and operational maintenance programs carried out by various City Departments.
- Prepare, review, analyze and process complex technical reports related to capital infrastructure projects, development applications and environmental restoration plans.
- Liaise with other departments, consultants, municipalities, government agencies, and community and environmental groups.
- Participate on team task forces and committees, and provide guidance and training to staff and external agents.
- Make presentations to the public and technical committees on environmental reports in relation to policies, bylaws, land-use plans and the Biodiversity Conservation Strategy implementation.
- Perform other duties as required.
||- Competition of a University degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in a related discipline and a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
||- Have a valid and unrestricted driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Be registered as a Professional Biologist (R.P.Bio.).
- Directly related experience with a municipality or other public sector organization is considered an asset.
||Competitive with a comprehensive benefit package.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2618.
||November 19, 2018 08:30 AM
||December 10, 2018 04:30 PM