|Utilities Maintenance Worker - Sewer (up to 3) - Temporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
||18-U160 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 120,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to 3 temporary full-time (from approx. January 28, 2019 to approx. December 20, 2019) Utilities Maintenance Worker - Sewer to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Utilities Operations Department.
Reporting to the Utilities Operations Superintendent, the successful applicant will have considerable knowledge of the methods, practices, tools and equipment applicable to sanitary sewer operation and maintenance work. You must have sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy, semi-skilled manual outdoor work in all weather conditions.
Exercising considerable independent judgment and initiative, you will be responsible to:
• Clean out plugged sewer mains and services;
• Wash down and clean wet wells;
• Install and repair sanitary sewer services;
• Determine location of valves and services from plans and location cards;
• Perform general sanitary sewer maintenance work;
• Operate a wide variety of small electric or gas or air powered tools and equipment
• Assist with the supervision of a small group of workers performing unskilled and semi-skilled manual work;
• Respond to public inquiries and complaints;
• Maintain records related to the work;
• Ensure safe work practices;
• Perform other related work as required.
Your education will include completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, supplemented by training courses and sound experience in water or sewer construction and maintenance tasks, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
• EOCP Wastewater Collection - Level 1 certificate
The CUPE rate of pay is $30.23 per hour (2019 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||November 7, 2018 08:30 AM
||November 21, 2018 04:30 PM