||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
November 9, 2018
at 11:30 PM
||2591 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||This position is responsible for professional accounting, financial management, budgetary and operational control. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing financial support and advice to the Parks, Recreation, and Culture Department.
||- Ensure that all month-end financial accounting duties and all resulting financial reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support the development of annual operating budgets and long range financial plans.
- Monitor, analyse and report on budgeted versus actual revenues and expenditures.
- Contribute ideas for process improvements to enhance workflow efficiency and maintain and strengthen internal accounting policies and controls.
- Assist management in analyzing and explaining budgetary variances, financial decision making and consistent application of policies and standards.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports and projections as required.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end financial summaries (including Forecasts) and business analytics for internal and external reporting.
- Support management in special projects and initiatives and ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Build effective working relationships with staff and management and respond effectively to requests for financial information.
- Supervise staff responsible for accounting functions and provide training as necessary;
Perform other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
||- Be in the final year of a Professional Accounting Degree (CA, CMA, CGA) or an equivalent combination of university degree’s and experience.
||- Have a minimum of one year of directly related experience.
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Have knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as they relate to local government including Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB).
- Have Extensive knowledge of financial systems and computer applications are necessary.
||Please apply online @ www.surreycareers.ca.
||November 2, 2018 08:30 AM
||November 9, 2018 11:30 PM