|Plumbing Inspector 1
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
November 9, 2018
at 11:59 PM
||2570 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning & Development
||This position will be primarily responsible for plan checking plumbing and site services applications. You would assess plumbing designs, materials, and safety devices for compliance with related by-laws, regulations and codes.
Depending on work load, other inspection and regulatory work involving all types of plumbing, hydronic heating, site services and drain tile installations may be assigned.
Other duties include:
• Checking and accepting plumbing and site services plans
• Observing tests of plumbing systems and inspections of all types of plumbing installations for conformance with by-laws, regulations, codes and the accepted plumbing permit drawings
• Providing technical advice, assistance, interpretation and information to the general public, owners, contractors, engineers and architects on matters related to the work
This position requires effective communication skills, both verbal and written, to convey information to the public, professionals and other staff and advanced knowledge of related by-laws, codes and regulations.
Applicants under consideration will have:
• Completed Grade 12 or equivalent
• Certification as a Qualified Plumber by the Province of BC or out of province equivalent
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Journeyman Plumber or plumbing contractor or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Successful completion of Level 1 plumbing certification from the Plumbing Officials Association of BC or the Building Officials Association of BC
• Valid and unrestricted driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle for business purposes
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
This posting closes November 9, 2018
||October 29, 2018 08:30 AM
||November 9, 2018 11:59 PM