|Traffic Technician (Full Time)
||City of Chilliwack
This posting closed on
November 9, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-94 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
If you want to work for a forward-thinking, creative employer and in a fast paced work environment then this job is for you. The City of Chilliwack takes great pride in its focus on providing excellent service to its citizens and we are looking for a like-minded candidate to join our Engineering Department team.
Reporting to the Manager of Transportation and Drainage, you will perform a variety of technical work involving management of the City’s Road System including traffic and parking issues, preparing and administering of street lighting and pavement maintenance contracts, preparing estimates, specifications and an annual budget. As Traffic Technician, you will undertake a variety of field inspections, attend meetings and carry out other duties as assigned.
Must be a graduate of an institute of technology in a minimum two year Civil Engineering Program, eligible for certification in the ASTTBC with two (2) years of progressive experience in roads and traffic - OR - an acceptable combination of training and experience.
• Knowledge of warrants for traffic regulatory devices;
• Knowledge of road construction methods and materials;
• Knowledge of regulations, rules and bylaws affecting the division;
• Ability to prepare annual capital and maintenance budgets;
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with developers, contractors, engineers, elected officials, external agencies, other staff and the general public;
• Able to communicate effectively both orally and in written format and to prepare and present technical and non-technical reports and all forms of general correspondence;
• Able to perform a variety of engineering computations and tabulations and interpret a variety of technical data and information;
• Be in possession of a valid B.C. Driver's License;
• Be able to work in all weather.
||$30.06 starting to $35.36 per hour after probation (2018 rates)
||8550 Young Road
||October 26, 2018 08:30 AM
||November 9, 2018 04:30 PM
|*If this job is a good fit for you, apply at jobs.chilliwack.com and submit your resume and cover letter.