|Marketing and Communications Coordinator
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
November 7, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2554 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The Corporate Marketing & Communications Division is currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to work alongside other marketing and communications account representatives to steer City client portfolios. The role includes considerable planning and lead strategic lead support for key accounts or business units. The successful candidate is expected to be collaborative, experienced and passionate about marketing and communications work involving strategic planning, writing, media relations, research and internal client service.
||• Develop and write communications strategies, marketing plans, creative briefs and key messages to achieve city goals and objectives.
• Provide communications advice to internal clients in support of city branding, effective public engagement, marketing mix and communications best practice.
• Support earned media strategy and planning for internal business units including pitching stories and preparing media materials.
• Prepare ad copy, white papers, speaking notes, presentations, website content, video scripts, editorial content, award submissions, and other written material supporting strategic priorities and initiatives.
• Advise and support city sponsorship initiatives and best practices.
• Coordinate all components of marketing and communications campaigns including design requests, ad booking, critical paths, print requests and internal resources such as photography and videography services.
• Support and advise on digital channel best practices.
• Execute projects and initiatives on-time and within scope and budget.
• Prepare and execute RFPs and RFQs as needed.
• Coordinate and conduct market research, market surveys and customer feedback.
• Support staff training and internal awareness of marketing and media best practices.
||• Graduation from a university or college level program in a related discipline supplemented by formal business training and three to five years of progressively responsible relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
||• Have considerable knowledge of communications principles, practices, methods and techniques including experience in media and community relations.
• Have considerable experience in writing, campaign management and communications planning, as well as working with graphic designers, videographers and corporate sponsors.
• Have the ability to advise and guide communications, media and engagement approaches.
• Have the ability to lead projects and oversee the work of junior staff and consultants.
• Be a professional, team player who can work independently and is customer focused and service oriented.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Have significant expertise, judgement, decision-making ability and a broad understanding of organizational culture, priorities and business.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers
||13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||October 17, 2018 08:30 AM
||November 7, 2018 04:30 PM