|Groundskeeper 2 - Arborculture
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
October 16, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2350 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation, and Culture
||The City of Surrey’s Shade Tree team aims to ensure that our more than 100,000 street and park trees are well maintained to meet the needs of our growing communities. As part of that commitment, we are looking for a full-time Groundskeeper 2 to help manage and maintain our urban forest.
||- Perform arboriculture field work in accordance with accepted standards, techniques and practices.
- Assist with the training of Parks staff.
- Conduct a full range of tree maintenance activities such as spurless tree climbing, pruning and planting.
- Complete tree risk assessments.
- Respond to inquiries from the residents related to public trees.
||The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by the successful completion of five additional relevant courses from an approved post-secondary institution, plus 2 years recent experience in urban forestry management or arboriculture.
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by a Technical Certificate Program (one-year full-time) from an approved post-secondary institution, plus 18 months of recent experience in urban forestry or arboriculture.
- Completion of a diploma program from an approved post-secondary institution, plus a minimum of 6 months recent experience in urban forestry management or arboriculture.
||- Have a valid BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Obtain a Pesticide Applicator’s License prior to completion of probation period.
- Obtain Arborist Certification through the International Society of Arboriculture prior to completion of probation period.
- Be able to complete heavy manual labour in all weather conditions.
||Please apply online @ www.surreycareers.ca.
||13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||October 9, 2018 08:30 AM
||October 16, 2018 04:30 PM