||City of Surrey
||2190 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning & Development
||The primary purpose is to oversee the administration function of the department including business process, review, plan and execute business transformation improvements leading to enhanced customer experience, service, efficiency and ensuring department budget targets are met.
Reporting to the General Manager of Planning & Development, you will lead a diverse and talented team including business process improvement and support services. You will also be leading special projects that include City staff and/or consultants.
||• Provide leadership for business support functions and business improvements.
• Be responsible for overall Department budget preparation and reporting, financial planning, review of fees and procedures.
• Contribute to the formulation of approved business plans, operating plans, budgets and capital requests in line with strategic goals and objectives of the Planning and Development department.
• Improve the customer experience through improved digital services and streamlined processes.
• Anticipate future business strategies and investigate potential solutions to help staff with their information and technical needs that help improve access to information required to perform their daily tasks.
• Work in partnership with stakeholders to achieve both internal and external customer satisfaction and strengthen relationships within other Departments.
• Create work plans and specific objectives for business transformation initiatives, develops budgets, policies, and procedures to support them.
• Contribute to developing our internal resources and culture by creating and promoting a collaborative environment where knowledge and skills are shared to facilitate efficient and timely delivery of services.
• Lead a team of experts to deliver administration services.
• Collaborate with key resources inside and outside the City to develop and maintain continuous improvement practices for portfolio and project management offices.
• Represents the City at professional conferences through speaking engagements or participating in expert panels or educational seminars. Shares experiences at the City and learns from others. Brings learning back to the City to apply.
||• Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in in Public or Business Administration.
• Have a minimum of ten years’ of related experience preferably in the public sector.
• Have comprehensive knowledge of pertinent legislation and City bylaws and policies.
• Have excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate shared values of Community, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service.
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
||Competitive Salary and Benefits
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
This posting closes October 31, 2018.
||October 2, 2018 08:30 AM
||October 31, 2018 11:59 PM