|Engineering Technical Assistant - TFT 6 months
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
October 8, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-51 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering & Municipal Operations
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Engineering & Municipal Operations Department, Engineering Division, seeks an individual with outstanding work ethic and a safety first attitude to join their team. The position of the Engineering Technical Assistant is an integral part of the City’s municipal engineering department. In this position, you will be working closely with the Engineering Technologist and Planning & Development Department. You will provide information regarding municipal requirements to the public as it relates Building Permits, Development Permits and Road & Right-of-Way Use Permits. Duties include the review of building plans and site inspections to ensure compliance with such requirements, preparation and issuance of permits, and providing information to the public regarding engineering requirements for building in White Rock.
• Completion of a two-year engineering technician’s Diploma with sound related experience, preferably with GIS applications; or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Ability to review plans, investigate issues, and deal effectively with the public in handling complaints and responding to inquiries;
• knowledge of civil engineering to complete design reviews ensuring City standards and criteria are met
• Working knowledge of manual and computer assisted graphics techniques, procedures, equipment, and materials;
• Skilled in the use of drafting and related equipment, with working knowledge of drafting methods, practices and techniques as applied to municipal engineering and/or planning work;
• Some knowledge of the requirements and applications of the graphic and non-graphic data on the information system;
• Ability to collect, analyze and interpret statistical and narrative data and submit conclusions and recommendations in reports and graphic presentations;
• Ability to utilize computer software applications, such as MS Office, WROMs and perform clerical and recordkeeping tasks;
• Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, and demonstrate excellent listening skills;
• Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety first attitude;
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external contacts;
• Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license;
• Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check.
The hourly rate of this unionized position is $29.16 – $34.29 per hour (2018 rates). If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and Diploma for consideration by the application deadline.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||October 1, 2018 08:30 AM
||October 8, 2018 04:30 PM