|Visitor Centre Retail Manager
||District of Hope
This posting closed on
October 31, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||In addition to their duties as a Tourism Visitor Information Counsellor promoting Hope and the surrounding area to visitors, the Visitor Centre Retail Manager is responsible for the operation of the retail space and promotion of advertising opportunities at the Hope Visitor Centre.
- Order and receive stock and brochures, verify invoices and billing and resolve errors and discrepancies
- Schedule and execute quarterly (partial) and year-end (full) inventory
- Merchandising in the Visitor Centre gift shop area
- Oversee, coordinate, and perform computerized cash register sales transactions and cash management
- Monitor sales, resolve discrepancies; prepare, reconcile, and record cash receipts for deposit, and prepare sales reports
- Provide accurate information to visitors regarding a wide range of tourism services and products via mail, phone, email, and in person
- Promote advertising opportunities on site or online through the Hope Visitor Centre
- Facilitate Customer Service Skills Training as directed by the Executive Director or Operations Manager
- Communicate with industry partners as needed regarding tourism events and/or updates from the Hope Visitor Centre
- Gather and record statistical information related to each visitor party
- Perform other administrative tasks as required
||High School or equivalent.
||$12.65/hour for a period of 90 days; $13/hour including extended health and dental upon successful review.
||The Hope Visitor Centre is open year-round. The successful candidate will be required to work a variety of shifts including holidays and weekends.
Tourism Visitor Information Counsellors spend a significant amount of time standing and walking in the course of their everyday duties.
Occasionally required to lift and carry items up to 50lbs.
This is a permanent part-time position of 20 hours/week, up to 1100 hours annual, with the potential for additional hours based on revenue from the business market advertising initiative.
||Hope Visitor Centre
919 Water Avenue
PO Box 370
Hope, BC V0X 1L0
||September 19, 2018 08:30 AM
||October 31, 2018 04:30 PM