|Recreation Facility Maintenance Worker 2
|*Please apply online @ www.surreycareers.ca
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
October 20, 2018
at 11:30 PM
||2493 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The City of Surrey’s Recreation Division aims to build healthy communities where all people are active and engaged for life. Our facilities are focused on ensuring visitors can enjoy our programs and services in a safe and comfortable environment. As part of that commitment, we are currently recruiting for auxiliary Recreation Facility Maintenance Workers.
As a Recreation Facility Maintenance Worker 2, you are responsible for is custodial and technical work in an arena facility. While the maintenance function is the major focus of the role, interaction with the public in the provision of recreation facility services is important to the position. You will work under minimal supervision for routine matters and under guidance for new or complex assignments
||- Operate refrigeration and ice-making equipment and machinery.
- Perform janitorial duties and routine building maintenance.
- Observe, record and report on equipment and buildings.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public and practice good public relations while responding to their inquiries.
- Keep accurate records, including but not limited to: daily log of activities, equipment usage reports and material usage reports.
- Use computer applications as required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
||- Completion of grade 12 supplemented by completion of Ice Facility Operator Certificate or Refrigeration Operator certificate, or higher.
||- One year relevant experience including dealing with public in high demand situations.
- Completion of an Emergency First Aid Safety Oriented course (or equivalent).
- Possession of a valid BC Driver’s License.
- Have strong public relation skills, and building maintenance skills.
- Have a good knowledge and use of materials, methods, and equipment used in janitorial and building maintenance work.
- Possess basic computer skills.
||Please apply online @ www.surreycareers.ca
||13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||September 19, 2018 08:30 AM
||October 20, 2018 11:30 PM