|Finance Business Manager
|*This job closes on October 25, 2018. Please visit www.surreycareers.ca to apply.
||City of Surrey
||2480 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||- Develop and maintain processes and procedures which ensure that year-end financial statements and related documents are presented in accordance with statutory requirements, applicable standards, processes and procedures.
- Oversee the working papers and related documentation related to the financial year-end.
- Facilitate the external audit and act as the point of person for the external Auditors during the year-end audit.
- Have experience and attention to detail in the application of the Public Sector Accounting Standards, the Community Charter and other relevant statutes.
- Supervise professional and clerical staff during the completion of set projects.
- Oversee the monthly corporate financial accounting transactions, analysis and reconciliations.
- Make ongoing recommendations for financial process improvements and efficiencies.
- Lead or assist with various projects, including process review and improvements, internal control reviews, and other departmental projects that may be assigned from time to time.
- Consult with City management and staff across departments to ensure development of best practices and standards related to financial processes and policies.
- Inform management and staff of new and/or revised relevant City and Departmental policies and procedures related to financial processes.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with senior management, staff, and the general public.
- Deal effectively and tactfully with the internal and external stakeholders.
- Persuade, analyze, reason, evaluate and problem solve.
- Exercise considerable independence of judgment and action on all aspects.
- Understand and analyze the relationships between complex business requirements and technological solutions that align with City business and create collaborative solutions.
||- Completion of the Canadian Professional Accountant designation and a Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum of 3 years of increasingly complex experience.
||- Track record of successfully developing and executing interdepartmental initiatives.
- Completion of a Police Information Check.
- Knowledge of municipal government financial reporting and Unit4 Business World On! financial management system is an asset.
||This job closes on October 25, 2018. Please visit www.surreycareers.ca to apply.
||13450 - 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||September 13, 2018 08:30 AM
||October 25, 2018 04:30 PM