|Departmental Secretary (Full-Time)
||Fraser Valley Regional District
||2018-48 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from Hatzic Prairie to Boston Bar. If you enjoy working with the public and have a keen eye for attention to detail, you should check us out.
||As a Departmental Secretary at the FVRD, a typical week could see you communicating with residents regarding water, street lighting, garbage, recycling and transfer stations inquiries; conducting land title searches and responding to BC One Call inquiries; working with other staff members to put together service area bylaws; data entry for various utilities tasks including water sampling test results; maintaining records of yearly tonnage tonnages for garbage and recyclables for all our transfer stations; checking our mapping system to locate utilities and infrastructure; scheduling meetings for internal and external staff and agencies; and providing administrative support for our Engineering staff.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in. Bring your positive energy, ambition and desire to learn, and we’ll take care of the rest.
||• Post-secondary administrative courses plus several years of administrative/secretarial experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
||• Knowledge of the general functions of local government and working in the public sector;
• Experience and proficiency in preparing agendas, and accurately recording complex meeting proceedings and transcribing minutes, with the ability to compose and report complex decisions and business from the meetings;
• Excellent administrative and computer skills, with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly, and write in a clear and concise manner;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to work effectively with a variety of staff, elected officials and members of other agencies and the public;
• Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and problem solve;
• Ability to work independently, exercise good judgement and effectively handle conflicting priorities;
• Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence.
||The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $23.69 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package. Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period the wage rate will increase to $27.87 per hour.
||If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2018-48 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on September 28, 2018 to:
email@example.com or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
While we greatly appreciate all applicants for their interest, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||September 12, 2018 08:30 AM
||September 28, 2018 04:30 PM